Add to Technorati Favorites

Illinois Football Daily Bullets

Illinois Basketball Daily Bullets

Saturday, January 20, 2007

What the smart money says about Illinois vs. Wisconsin

You know the old saying "Well, the smart money says....." A buddy of mine gives literal credence to that old saying. He can pretty much call games better than most I know, and usually puts his money on the line, to good effect. Here's his text message I just got this morning, after I told him that my heart says an Illinois victory, but my gut says a 15 point loss:

"Understood. The spread is small at 2. Even though they chalked an L vs. MSU, they looked pretty strong and physical on the road. Wisc looking kind of weak lately, just skating by some sub-par teams. My money is on Illini to pull off a shocker in Assembly Hall! Put that in your blog and post it."

And so I just did. For the record.

1 comment:

Ron said...

I hoped for a win too, so that was very disappointing, especially finishing with a 12-3 run by Wisconsin. This team does not know how to finish a game. I think there problems are more mental than physical. Nice games by Pruitt and McBride.